CALL FOR APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR COMMUNICATION STRATEGIST
Communication Strategist for Research Project
This remote, part-time role offers a three-month contract, starting in February, with the possibility of extension.
SembraMedia seeks a Communication Strategist to coordinate the international launch of Project Oasis, a new research study on the sustainability of independent digital native media in 43 countries in Europe.
In March 2023, this initiative will launch an interactive media directory and report, with the goal of sharing new insights and trends in the digital media ecosystem and bringing greater visibility to this growing market sector.
The initiative is carried out with the support of the Google News Initiative (GNI), as well as partner organizations: the European Journalism Centre (EJC), International Media Support (IMS), Media and Journalism Research Center (MJRC), and Global Forum for Media Development, all of whom provide support through their experience and network in the region.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review the following objectives, tasks and requirements, and use the form included in the link below to apply:
- Position Project Oasis as a valuable resource for digital media leaders, media support organisations, researchers, academics, and others in the digital media ecosystem.
- Support and encourage partner organisations and other allies to promote Project Oasis in Europe.
- Attract the interest of journalists and academics likely to cover this kind of research project.
- Secure invitations to present Project Oasis at journalism conferences and related events.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop and implement a PR and outreach strategy to promote Project Oasis throughout Europe.
- Help to create a contact list of journalists, researchers, organisations, universities, professors, and influencers in the journalism and digital innovation market in Europe.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with allies and partner organisations.
- Serve as the primary press contact for the project and assist with the coordination of interviews with research team members, as well as media leaders featured in the report.
- Create a list of conferences and events for project outreach.
- Develop proposals and respond to requests to participate in events.
Collect and report on the impacts achieved through the outreach strategy, including press coverage and social media engagement.
- Three or more years of experience in PR, marketing, or institutional communication in Europe.
- Fluent English is required. Intermediate to advanced Spanish is preferred.
- Previous experience in regional research projects in Europe, as well as knowledge of the independent digital media ecosystem, are a plus.
Apply before January 31, 2023 using this form.